"I Hate Sand"

My last post was whiny and down-trodded. I apologize, but I really was a wreck at the moment.

God really hears you when you pray though, and He works things out in His time. Not yours. I praise Him and thank Him every day that it works out like that, because if He gave me everything I wanted, I wouldn't be a very happy person. I wouldn't be the best person I can be. (I'm still not, but I'm getting there!)

An update on Austin:
I know it's not safe to give away the exact day that your soldier is moving somewhere; so I'll just say that Austin is leaving for California very, very soon. He called me yesterday (it was amazing to hear his voice! it always is!) and gave me the impression that he's not very excited about it himself...though, in his circumstances I wouldn't be either. 29 Palms happens to be in the middle of the desert. One comment I heard Austin say over and over was,

"I hate sand."

It was a good phone call. We just really joked a lot; we're a joking couple. Austin can get serious and sweet too though. It's something I love about him. He always surprises me.
Austin's deployment day has been moved too. It's not in December or January anymore. They day he'll be setting off is within the next two months and he's supposed to be gone for around a year. Austin told me that we should still be able to talk and so forth...maybe. Hopefully. I'm really praying on it. I don't know if I could go a year without hearing from him...

Austin should get some leave time after he gets back from California though, in June. I'm really, really looking forward to it. As soon as I know when; I'm taking off work those days and using them as my "vacation days". (Which we really don't have a set amount of days, but a couple of girls are taking a week off at sometime or a another for vacation sooo...) I can't wait to see him! I already have a count-down app set on my phone!
Now, I just have to find him a birthday present...wish me luck!


That's all I'm writing for now, but there should be more later. It's my day off soooo-yep. :)

Thanks for reading!

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment