Joyous Days

Hey everyone! Hope your weekend was joyful and full of R&R! Someones had to be. I had to work all weekend...but money is good! So I'm blessed to get the hours I did I suppose.
 Monday. Monday happens to be the world's most hated week-day. I love it though. Why? 'Cause it's my day off. And I love my days off. :)

I mean, I slept in and everything! It was about dinner time before I even made a move to get out of bed. Then I get a message from my mother asking if I was coming with her to take my sister to the hospital to get her last X-Ray. 
(Background info: My sister got into a terrible car accident that crushed and cracked a small part of her spine. She's been wearing a back-brace for about five months now.)

The appointment was around 2pm. We had time to spare, so where else should we go but Goodwill? I gotta say, I love Goodwill. I could stay in one of those stores all day looking at everything. There are a few out there that are pretty "blah", but if you find a good one, you're really in luck. I think about 45% of my wardrobe is from a Goodwill store. People give me weird looks when I tell them; but I don't care. I feel pretty good when all I spent on my outfit was around $7 for when you spent $30 on yours. I ended up buying two long skirts and loose, comfy and thin v-neck cotton tee that I plan on using for a project. I'll post pictures when I'm finished. Promise!
Please don't tell me I'm the only woman to find the skirt on the left attractive...my sister said it looked horrid!
But yes, our shopping excursion couldn't last too long, hence only the two skirts and the v-neck, and pretty soon we found ourselves waiting in the x-ray waiting room. For two hours, may I add. And I really don't get that. You get to the hospital 15 minutes early so you can sign a chart and wait for two hours, only so the doctor can see you for 10 minutes? Whatever...
Anyway, soon the waiting was over and we got the good new! Rachael, my sister, didn't have to wear her brace anymore!!! As soon as she walked out of the doctor's office, we took her brace off and she walked down the hallway all tall and proud...mom and I had tears in our eyes. It was just so great after seeing her wear it for so long. We decided we were gonna keep it though and use it as paintball armor, if that makes sense.

Of course, how could we not celebrate? And we did, at the Golden Corral. The food was amazing, but maybe that was only because none of us had eaten all day. So we feasted and I ate what I wanted; 40 Day Challenge be darned. It was a joyous day, and I was enjoying it!

Diabetics; turn your heads.
It was a good day.

- Sarah

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment