My (late!) New Years Resolutions and a 40 Day Challenge!

Hey everyone! It's a good morning. Evening. Whatever, it's good. Or at least mine is; loosing myself in some Air1 Radio and a good cup of Jasmine Green Tea. 

I've been neglecting my New Years Resolutions list. I hadn't even made one until last night. Hopefully you guys won't shun me if I just start from today onward...? Well, here it is:

  • Become more like my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I want to shine for my God; love, forgive and see with eyes unclouded as He does. 
  • Take more chances. Be more confident. Hold more on my shoulders. 
  • Re-read my Bible all the way through and learn the order of the books. (I got shamed a couple of Sundays ago when a little girl got up at the front and named each and every book IN ORDER. I can't do that, and I'm like, 11 years older than her or something.)
  • Get a new car. (Sorry Monty) ((Monty is the name of my Mitsubishi Montero Sport))
  • Spend more time and communicate more with the people that mean the most to me.
  • Travel somewhere new, at least once, all on my own. 
  • Get STARTED on getting my own place. Honestly, I would be happy with just getting started with my paycheck. 
  • Get back down to 120lbs and keep it that way. 

 Okay, that last one leads me into the second part of this post...The 40 Day Challenge. 

I believe that you can do anything if you put your mind to it. Anything. As in, you could fly, with the help of some mutant-genetically-grown wings. It would take time and effort, but you could do it. Just like how I'm going to shed off 20lbs in 40 days. It sounds impossible. It sounds hard, even to me, but I'm gonna try it all the more. 
Now, I'm not fat, in no degree, but I'm not happy with the way I look. I've really put on some poundage since last summer. I only started noticing it, but I have. 

Excuse the terrible quality...
 Like I said, I'm not fat. But I'm not in shape like I used to be. I'm getting some love handles (you girls know what I mean) and though it's not drastic, it's enough to scare me into exercising and watching my portions again. Hense the lovely Jasmine Green Tea I'm drinking. It's supposed to speed up the pound shedding process.
I weighed myself the other day, and I'm right at about 140lbs now. That scared me. It scared me a lot. Because I don't look that big, but...when I looked around. I could tell. There it was. Staring me in the face, mocking me with its...there-ness. So I did the only thing I knew to do...

I hooked up the kinect to the '360 and danced my little heart out on Just Dance 3. 

But I'm gonna take this challenge as I would with any other adversary; with tact. I'm gonna keep you guys updated on my progress as I go. No, this is definitely not gonna turn into a health blog. I'm too un-healthy for that. I just wanted to declare my challenge to the public so there was no backing out for me. 

Wish me luck guys! 


No comments:

Post a Comment