The Beginning Of This "FairyTale"

Hey guys! I hope everyone's been great and had a productive today...'cause I've been taking a trip on the lazy train. Like, really. It's almost depressing how un-productive my day was. (I'm guessing many don't count finally beating "Fable: The Journey" as something productive...) 

But I suppose I'll go ahead and give you guys some sort of background to go on. About me. About him.
About us. 

I have to say, that I was probably in the worst place of my life. Or what I thought was. I had a hard junior year. I was sixteen. Dressing all hipster with the "emo" haircut, skinny jeans, and enough eye makeup to impress a raccoon. I had made friends during my time in high school; both my peers and my teachers.
But my parents were going through a divorce in the worst way so none of that mattered. 

I was angry; depressed most of the time. I was getting better though, because I met someone that year in my Drafting class. 

Kasey. (Nope, not who you thought huh?) 

She got to be my best friend in that time. (And still is!) I told her everything. She told me everything. She changed me for the better and she once said I changed her too. I really started opening up then. I was forgetting my troubles at home all together. 

I met him about a week later.

I'd seen him before. Austin, was his name. He hung out with my new friend Kasey all the time. I was immediately drawn to him, but way, way too shy to actually approach him. Luckily I didn't have to. For Kasey had devised a plan herself. 
After lunch, she raced down the hall, and came back down in with Austin in tow. Then she grabbed my hand, and made us face each other. (This was definitely a turning point in my life. Kasey, if you're reading this, a big shout-out and thank you goes to you.)

"Austin this is Sarah. Sarah this is Austin." Were her only words. 

Awkward. We smiled at each other, thinking of what to say. Then I smartly (not!) held out my hand and practically yelled "handshake?!" I think it stumped him for a second. I was so embarrassed! Then I was saved by the bell. 

I was for sure that he would never, ever want to speak to me again. Ever. But after some days of awkward hall glances, we got talking and after a few weeks and a fateful football game, we started dating. And the rest is, well, history. 

We had our bumpy moments, as all couples do, and we still have them. Sometimes, even I doubt. I have to re-check myself, and ask myself if this is what I really want. Is all of the waiting worth it? Is the risk worth it? Can I put up with the longing and loneliness that's going to be thrown at me? What if he wakes up one day and changes his mind? Or doesn't wake up at all? Can I cope with that? Am I ready for that?

Ever since our first reuniting after he finished his boot camp, my answer has always been the same; yes.
I think God made me lucky enough to find my other half so early in life. I always try to remember that if something happens and it doesn't work out, then that's because HE has a better plan for me.

I myself, honestly can't wait to see how this story ends. In the meantime though, I'm winging it.

No comments:

Post a Comment